Thursday 11 February 2010

Heart flower tutorial

Valentine's Day usually pass us by without much ado, so it never occured to me to do a Valentine's blog post. Then as I was browsing other craft-blogs I realised this is the ideal time to post my long-promised tutorial on the heart-flower quilt which I blogged about last year.



This is my first tutorial so I really hope it is clear and easy to follow. I don't usually work from patterns, I just look at the picture and follow my own head, so making up instructions is a bit foreign to me. Please feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear.



The instruction sheets can be downloaded here:
heart-flower 1
heart-flower 2

I am sure there are better ways of doing this which I am not aware of, so again, please feel free to send some advice and tips on attaching pdf files to a Blogger post.



This tutorial shows you how to make one heart-flower. It can then be used for all sorts of things. Here are a few suggestions:

On bedding
A quilt (obviously)
Make a row of flowers and attach to the edge of a pillowcase and flat sheet
Four flowers as a cushion cover

In the kitchen/dining room
One flower with a border can make a potholder or oven glove
On the corner of a napkin
A border around a tablecloth
Four or six flowers as a place mat

On clothes
A border around a skirt
A patch on a pocket of a pair of jeans
As a panel on a shopping bag
etc
etc



Once you've made an item from this block, please send me a picture and I can share it with the other readers.

1 comment:

mommyof2tuties said...

Hi- I was trying to open this cool pattern tutorial and for some reason I can't. Can you help me with that? Thanks! mommyof2tuties@gmail.com